Wednesday, March 6, 2013

SPAM and the changes because of it

I get spam, therefore I am. ~Alicia Wikstrom




Lately we have been noticing a large increase of SPAM on our site.  The first couple of times it was amusing, but it isn't any more. So for right now we decided to lock up our comments.  You can comment, but now we will preview them before they're published.  Just to keep the riff-raff out.  I'm sure the real people who read this won't mind that much.  It's been a while since we've had a real comment anyway.  Please leave us your comments, but be aware that they won't show up right away.



SPAM belongs on a sandwich more than it belongs here.  I'm not even sure about the sandwich thing.  Apparently I loved them when my great-aunt Alice would make fried Spam sandwiches for me when I was a wee toddler.  My family is eating Spam for supper this evening.  The girls had commented to my husband that they'd never eaten it, so he decided to make some for them.  I'm missing out, but I asked him to take a Spam picture for me so that I can share it with all of you who read this.  We'll see if Spam sandwiches become a regular in the meal rotations. 




 " Haul them off! Hide them!
The heart winces

For junk and gimcrack,
for jerrybuilt things
And the men who make them
for a little money,"

~Richard Wilbur




No comments:

Post a Comment